Week 2 - Slieve Binnian
Time & Location
About The Event
Price: £35pp (or £45pp with a tasty festive lunch afterwards)
Location: Meelmore Lodge, 52 Trassey Road
Activity Length: Approximately 4 hours walking plus 1 hour for lunch if option is chosen
Elevation gain: Approx 510 metres
Distance: approx 10.5 Km
Suitable for: Adults and accompanied teens
Get yourself out in the great outdoors this Xmas and start the festive fun early on a guided hike to the summit of the stunning Slieve Bearnagh, looked after by our team of Qualified Mountain Leaders, all with between 10 - 15 years experience each in leading people in the mountains. We encourage all who come to have the festive clothes on - over the top of proper moutain gear of course! - and we'll even a have prize for the MOST FESTIVE COSTUME!
Plan For The Day
Meeting at the beautiful Meelmore Lodge for 08:30, we'll set off up the hill at a pace to suit everyone in the group, walking on the well trodden Trassey track, and passing directly underneath the impressive rock climbing cliffs of Spellack. Later, we'll pass the massive Bearnagh Slabs before tackling the steep path to the summit. Once on top of the 739m height, we'll get the obligatory social media pics at the best photograph spot in the Mournes before heading downhill via Hare's Gap, walking past the huge tors of rock which scatter across the summit. Upon reaching Meelmore Lodge again by around 1pm, we'll have a tasty festive lunch and farewell before heading on home, filled with festive cheer and ready for the best Xmas in a few years!
- Qualified Mountain Leaders (at least 10 years experience each)
- First aid and emergency care cover
- High quality digital pictures and videos for you to look back on
- Hot festive lunch and drink (optional extra)
- Loads of fun and memories for life!
What to bring:
- Completed registration form
- Any medication you may need
- Well broken in mountain boots
- Lots of light layers
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Big warm layer for stops / emergency (down jacket or similar)
- Water and food for the hill
- flask of tea / coffee
- Head torch
- Bivvy bag
If we need to cancel or postpone because of covid restrictions (or dangerous weather), we will offer a full refund or credit note.
If YOU CANCEL, we can only offer a credit note, and only if you do this at least 48 hours before the event. PLEASE READ THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE BOOKING PAGE THAT FOLLOWS THIS DESCRIPTION
- Week 2 - Binnian£35£350£0
- Xmas Hike With Festive Lunch£45£450£0