HIKE - anuary: Health and Wellness Series, Week 3 - Seefin & Rocky Mountain
Time & Location
About The Event
Price: £35pp for each hike individually. £25pp if the whole 5 hike series is booked! (3 remain at this stage)
Location: Dunnywater Gates, Annalong
Activity Length: Approx 5 hours
Elevation gain: 425 metres
Distance: 9 Km
Suitable for: Adults and accompanied teens
It's week 3 of our HIKE - ANUARY: Health and Wellness Series and this week we're taking you on the road less travelled, yet by no means less impressive.
Plan For The Day
We'll meet at 08:30, outside the Dunnywater Gates, Annalong. After the usual brief and kit check, we'll head on up the track and start out on a really class walk in the hills.
We start by heading through a beautiful mossy forest, before quickly heading out over the short yet imposing hill of Round Seefin. Straight away, you are in the centre of the hills, walking along the Mourne Wall all the way up Long Seefin until we cut out west and up the domed summit of Rocky (one of three in the Mournes with this name!). On top of this steep peak, we'll be overlooking the Annalong Valley below us, with Donard, Commedagh, Lamagan and Binnian all surrounding us. Absolutely a fantastic hike, a must do on a Mournes bucket list.
After summiting, we'll drop down along the river and pass the great cliff faces carved out of the old quarry site at Hare's Castle, before heading back through the forest to the Dunnywater Gates
The whole trip out should take around 3.5 / 4.5 hours including breaks, and is suitable for anyone with a determined mindset and moderate level of fitness.
Other Hikes In This Series
- Slieve Fadda & Knockshee, Sunday the 2nd January
- Slieve Binnian, Saturday the 8th January
- Slieve Meelmore & Meelbeg, Saturday 22nd January
- Slieve Donard, Saturday the 29th January
- Qualified Mountain Leaders (at least 10 years experience each)
- First aid and emergency care cover
- High quality digital pictures and videos for you to look back on
- Loads of fun and memories for life!
What to bring:
- Completed registration form
- Any medication you may need
- Well broken in mountain boots
- Lots of light layers
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Big warm layer for stops / emergency (down jacket or similar)
- Water and food for the hill
- flask of tea / coffee
- Head torch
- Bivvy bag
If we need to cancel or postpone because of covid restrictions (or dangerous weather), we will offer a full refund or credit note.
If YOU CANCEL, we can only offer a credit note, and only if you do this at least 48 hours before the event. PLEASE READ THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE BOOKING PAGE THAT FOLLOWS THIS DESCRIPTION
- Long Seefin & Rocky Mountain£35£350£0
- Remaining 3 Events In Series£75£750£0