New Year's Eve Slieve Donard Hike
Time & Location
About The Event
Price: £25pp (or £27.50pp with drinks on the summit)
Length: 9 Km
Duration: Approximately 5 hours
Terrain: Rocky, forested roots, then open mountain paths which are mostly rocky.
Elevation gain: 850m from sea level to summit
Are you bored with sitting in the house or going to an overpriced bar on New Year's Eve? Well why don't you ring in the new year with new intentions by hiking to Northern Ireland's highest point with our team of qualified Mountain Leaders!
We'll meet in Donard car park for 9pm and set off up the hill after a kit check (see kit list below or on our website footer), walking at a nice pace so that everyoe can enjoy it. We will walk through the beautiful Donard forest with it's waterfalls and bridges before passing the 1840's built ice house on the way to the summit, on which sits atop an ancient Summit Cairn dating back to 3000 BC!
Once on the summit we will ring in the new year with a special optional extra in the form of some prosecco or beer before heading back down the way we came to the car park and the new year!
- Fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders to guide you all the way at a pace that suits you
- Group Insurance
- A bottle of beer or glass of prosecco at the summit (optional extra)
- A guaranteed experience you'll remember forever!
What to bring:
- A completed Health Declaration & Registration Form - see footer of page for link
- Any medication you may need
- Good hiking boots that are well broken in
- Map and compass if you have them
- A rucksack with waterproof liner
- Head torch with spare batteries
- Emergency bivvy bag
- Fully charged mobile
- Water proof jacket and trousers
- Lots of light top layers
- A big layer for sitting still (down jacket or similar)
- Hat and gloves
- Food and Water (at least 1 litre)
- Anything else on the kit list - this will be sent at the booking stage
- Slieve Donard NYE - no drinks£25£250£0
- Slieve Donard NYE -with drinks£27.50£27.500£0